Phone: 570-296-3656 ext. 7200
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, students! I am Miss Gutierrez. I currently teach 7 Honors and 8 Regular English Language Arts. I am also the DVMS Drama Assistant Director, the DVMS Reading Olympians Advisor, and the DVMS Literary Magazine Advisor.
I received my bachelor's degree in English and my teaching certificate from Albright College in Reading, PA. I also have my master's degree in Curriculum Design and Instruction from the University of Scranton. This is currently my ninth year of teaching. I was teaching in the high school prior to 2013. That's when I made my switch to the middle school and felt at home.
Here is my contact information:
Phone Number: 570-296-3656 ext. 7200
Other than teaching (which takes up a lot of time), I do have a life! Here are ten things to know about me:
1) I read....a lot.
2) I love movies of all kinds (especially fantasy, action, and comedy).
3) I love going to see Broadway shows. This summer I got to see A Bronx Tale.
4) I collect Funko Pops.
5) My favorite color is blue.
6) I work out every single day whether it's walking, running, or kickboxing.
7) Coffee is wonderful at any time of the day.
8) Photography is a passion of mine, and I would love to learn more.
9) I love cooking and baking. TV cooking competitions are my addiction (Top Chef, Cupcake Wars, Master Chef...).
10) I love being outside, hiking, and taking pictures of nature.