Guidance for Mental Health Services

    If you or your child is in need of counseling, we recommend:


    1. Call your insurance provider or visit their site online to get a listing of mental health providers.

    2. If you do not have insurance, your child may be eligible for Medical Assistance (MA).

                        You can apply online through COMPASS https://www.compass.state.pa.us

                            If you have Medical Assistance MA, go to www.cmpmhds.org to find services.

    3. Online therapy:




                   Pridecounseling.com (LGBTQ)

                   Talkspace.com (takes some insurances)



    4. Some apps that might be helpful:


                  General Mental Health:

                           Mood Kit - $4.99; IOS


                           Mindshift - free; IOS and Android

                           Self-Help for Anxiety Management (SAM) - free; IOS

                           CBT Thought Record Diary - free; IOS


                           Happify - free; IOS and Android

                           Mood Tools - free; IOS and Android

                           Mindfulness and Meditation:

                           Headspace - $9.99/year for students; IOS and Android

                           Calm - $12.99/month; IOS and Android

                           Ten Percent Happier – $8.33/month; IOS and Android


    5. Suicide Prevention resources:


                        LifeLine – 988 (call or text)


                        Crisis Chat line - text “PA” to 741-741


                             Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ) - 1-866-488-7386